Overview of Role:
Equality Ohio Education Fund (EOEF) is seeking a Development & Data Associate to provide critical back-office support to the organization. The person in this role will support the work of the Development department by managing and maintaining accurate donor data, liaising with donors and community partners, and assisting with the design and execution of fundraising events. This role also supports the Field and Policy departments by managing and maintaining constituent and stakeholder data, and providing logistical and administrative support for advocacy nights and other engagement events. This is a great fit for a high-energy individual with an interest in nonprofits, fundraising, and/or operations.
Position Reports to: Director of Development & External Relations
This position is based in Equality Ohio’s Columbus office. The role will include some travel within the state of Ohio to support staff in other locations and development and engagement events statewide.
November 2, 2004, was a turning point for Ohio’s LGBTQ+ community. In spite of the efforts of thousands of community members and allies, ⅔ of Ohio’s voters passed a measure limiting our legal rights in the state we call home. We were devastated.
Across the state, political insiders, grassroots activists, and everyday Ohioans who had never before been politically engaged, all reached the same conclusion: something new, something strategic, had to be done to protect our communities and one another. In 2005, sixty-five people, diverse in gender, race, religion, and region of Ohio, answered the call and gathered in the basement of a church in Columbus. After two long days, one vision emerged: an Ohio that everyone can call home. Equality Ohio (a 501c4 organization) and Equality Ohio Education Fund (a 501c3 organization) were born.
In the years since, Equality Ohio has changed hearts, minds and laws in service of creating an Ohio where people are welcome, affirmed and flourishing.
Our Mission: Equality Ohio identifies and transforms systems and institutions so LGBTQ+ Ohioans can fully access legal and lived equality.
Our Vision: An Ohio where people are welcome, affirmed, and flourishing.
- Database Management: Maintain donor and constituent records and accurate information within the CRM; produce accurate mailing lists and reports; maintain database hygiene through ongoing clean-up efforts
- Donation Processing: Deposit funds remotely, ensure the accurate and timely entry of donation information; prepare and send acknowledgement letters and communications; keep a timely record of donations given across external fundraising sources; work with the Director of Finance to ensure the reconciliation of bank and online finance records.
- Report Preparation: Prepare constituent and donor reports for various departments and board committees
- Prospect Research: Prepare accurate research on donor prospects and assemble materials for cultivation and solicitation visits; research potential grantors and funding streams and prepare application documents
- Donor Communications: Communicate with donors in person, on the phone, and by email; assist with the development of marketing and engagement materials across communication channels; assist with the writing and editing of appeals, acknowledgements, grant proposals, and reports
- Event Coordination and Administration: Support the logistical planning and execution of fundraising and engagement events (in-person, virtual, and hybrid)
- Collaborate with other Equality Ohio team members on various projects to advance LGBTQ equality as needed
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- 2+ years of experience in an office or campaign environment
- Have familiarity and fluency regarding issues facing the LGBTQ+ community
- Demonstrated passion for public interest and social justice work
- Willingness to and comfort with making verbal and written appeals for monetary support
- Have availability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Be willing to travel and have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle with insurance
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have the ability to work with diverse groups across all levels of organizations with a commitment to teamwork
- Have effective public speaking skills
- Demonstrate reliability, creativity, versatility, organization, and initiative
- Be comfortable learning on the job
- Have passion for process creating and knowledge sharing
- Be proficient with Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Drive
- Have a willingness and ability to learn other data and constituent relationship management tools
- Experience with productivity tools like Monday.com and Slack
- Familiarity with constituent relationship management (CRM) database systems such as Blackbaud, Salesforce, NGP or EveryAction
Desired Characteristics: Resourceful, Self-motivated, Passionate, Flexible, Sense of Humor, Detail-Oriented, Dedicated to LGBTQ+ Equality
Salary Range: $40,000 – $45,000 with medical (with Flexible Spending Account), vision, life, and dental insurance options, paid time off and non-matching investment account access
Estimated Date to Hire: October 15, 2021
Application Submission Guidelines
Please submit to [email protected]:
- Cover letter
**Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to submit their materials as early as possible.
A Note to BIPOC Candidates:
Studies have shown that women, non-binary folks, and People of Color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization, and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a background less traditional to our field of work, and that’s okay. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications described.
People of color, LGBTQ+ people, and those with gender-expansive identities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Email: [email protected]